05-08-2026 - Siksha Deeksha program at Salafiyya Training College, Pattambi

 

Inauguration of the Siksha Deeksha Programme at Salafiyya Training College, Karinganad, Pattambi

I was truly honoured to be invited by Salafiyya Training College, Pattambi, to inaugurate the Siksha Deeksha Programme for the 2026–28 B.Ed. batch. The programme marked the formal commencement of the new B.Ed. programme and provided an opportunity to interact with the prospective teachers at the beginning of their professional journey.

As part of the college’s meaningful tradition, a sapling was planted on the occasion of the Siksha Deeksha programme for each new batch. I had the privilege of planting the sapling for the 2026–28 batch. This thoughtful practice symbolises the growth and development of prospective teachers and reminds us that teacher education, like nurturing a tree, requires patience, care, commitment, and a long-term vision.

During the inaugural session, I spoke about the relevance of becoming teachers with a clear vision, a strong sense of responsibility, and the ability to adapt to the changing educational landscape. I emphasised that the role of a teacher is no longer confined to transmitting knowledge. Teachers are expected to become facilitators of learning, mentors, innovators, and lifelong learners who can respond effectively to the diverse needs of learners and the demands of contemporary society.

I also highlighted the importance of understanding and aligning teacher education with the vision of the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020. The emerging educational scenario calls for teachers who are flexible, reflective, technologically competent, creative, inclusive, and committed to holistic development. Prospective teachers therefore need to develop not only professional competence but also the vision and adaptability required to translate the broader objectives of NEP 2020 into meaningful classroom practices.

It was a warm and engaging session, and I was pleased to interact with the prospective teachers and share my thoughts with them at the beginning of their B.Ed. journey. I sincerely appreciate the management, principal, faculty members, and students of Salafiyya Training College, Pattambi, for the invitation and for providing me with the opportunity to be part of this significant occasion. I humbly donated my two books to the college library. I sincerely yhank Prof. Kunhu Moideed, Principal i/c and the faculty members for the invitation. 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog